United Way of the Lakelands COVID-19 Response and Updates
United Way of the Lakelands is following all national, state and local information about the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak. When in doubt, call 2-1-1 or visit SC211.org for more information.
Federal and State Resources:
United Center for Community Care Updates and Closures:
The United Center for Community Care building houses many of our vital nonprofits in the area. We are working with our agencies in the building to be able to provide essentials services during this time. Below are the updates from our UC3 tenants:
- The Greenwood Soup Kitchen will continue to serve a “bag lunch” from 11:00 until noon, comprising of a cup of soup, a sandwich, cookies, and a drink Monday-Saturday. Volunteers will distribute the lunches at the entrance under the awning. No guests will be allowed indoors. Unless circumstances worsen, this will be the operation until March 31st.
- The Food Bank of Greenwood County: Beginning April 14th, Food Bank will be operating a Drive-Thru service, Tuesdays-Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Meet us in the downhill parking lot that is located right beside our building on 222 East Avenue, you will see the Food Bank truck in the parking lot. ONLY 1 family per car, this will help make this drive thru system quick and efficient. Each client must have their ID card in hand to be serviced. Again, please note that only 1 family per car will be served. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call them at 864-227-1556, press 1.
- La Clinica Gratis: Monday- Thursday, 9 am-2 pm: Please note that for medical assessments and questions patients can call the office at 864-941-7980. Appointments for nurse visits, doctor appointments, and telehealth will be conducted by phone. Patients who are scheduled for tele-health appoints can Skype, FaceTime, or use Google Duo using the email address: email@example.com
- BabyNet has canceled all home visits. However, they will receive office visits.
- Westview Behavioral will be working remotely.
- Continuum of Care will be working remotely.
- MEG’S House will be working remotely.
- United Way and the United Center will be working remotely.
- American Red Cross volunteers are working remotely, but they have access to the building and supplies if needed.
- VITA Tax Services are closed until further notice. VITA services will re-start when it is safe to do so and all scheduled appointments will be contacted. All clients eligible will be assisted when VITA returns.
- Greenwood Habitat for Humanity will be working from home until further notice.