Community Investment Cycle 2023-2024
Through the Community Investment Fund, United Way of the Lakelands invests in local programs that deliver measurable results in the three United Way impact areas of Education, Health, and Basic Needs (Income Stability). To be eligible to receive UWL community funds, a program must clearly fit at least one of the three impact areas. Funding is available for those non-profits serving Greenwood, Abbeville, McCormick, and Saluda Counties. Please review the Funding Priorities listed below before applying.
- Kindergarten Readiness: Supporting programs with focus on increasing percentage of children who enter school ready to learn in K-5, make sure all basic needs are met so child has opportunity to learn, and supporting K-4 and early childhood education initiatives.
- Early Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills: Supporting the development of necessary skills to read at grade level in third grade or succeed in reading beyond third grade and provide early numeracy and critical thinking skills, so children can be successful in
- Social & Emotional Development: Supporting and encouraging a child’s increased ability to express and manage emotions, develop self-awareness and build healthy relationship skills.
- Access to Care: Increased access to healthcare services including medical, behavioral health, and dental services
- Prevention: To improve community health through education and the creation of environments that support healthy behaviors. Initiatives focusing on education, screening, and policy efforts aimed to prevent chronic disease and encourage the adoption and practice of healthy behaviors.
- Efforts that support and address barriers to education, financial stability, and health attainment.
How to Apply?
You will need to complete the following:
1. United Way Community Investment Fund Application for EACH program, not the agency
2. SC211 Program Update Form for each application to include necessary attachments
3. Unite Us agency onboarding survey, Learn More.
There is no commitment to join the platform by submitting this survey; however, your organization will be listed as a resource for active organizations searching for specific resources. Once the survey is complete, Unite Us will contact your organization to complete your directory profile and for you to learn more about participating in their health and social care connection platform.
-If your organization is listed in 211, you likely already have a resource directory profile inside of Unite Us! Submit your survey to update your profile and learn more about activating the programs for which you’d like to receive referrals.
-If your organization is not part of 211– Submit your survey to add your program to the resource directory and learn more about activating the programs for which you’d like to receive referrals.
This application will be completed within Cognito Forms. The Cognito Forms program allows you to stop anytime while completing the application and send a link to your email to continue the application or forward it to another staff member to complete.
Applications will all attachments must be received by Friday, March 17th, 2023. The application form will close at 5:00 PM, and it will not allow you to submit it after the form closes.
If you need any assistance with the Cognito Form program or have trouble retrieving your saved application, please contact Sandra Calvo at firstname.lastname@example.org.